January ’16 release, WalkMe delivers updates to improve your experience.
How to Use the Release Notes
- The release notes give you brief, high-level descriptions of new and updated WalkMe features.
How will the new update become available?
- Our new updates will be available on Jan. 10th. Your current Implementation will not be affected by the update until you publish them again. For customers that run WalkMe on their local servers, contact your Customer Success Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, to learn how you can gain these new features.
Native iOS ShoutOuts
ShoutOuts can now be created for mobile iOS apps.
- Publish ShoutOuts to your native iOS app outside your regular release cycles
- Unique Actions for iOS ShoutOuts
- Rate App
- Open App Settings
- Browse to page
- Play Video
- Updated design for iOS
- Unique Rule Types for iOS ShoutOuts
- User Data
- Screen Size
- Application info
- Device info
- Requires SDK installation
- NOTE: Mobile iOS ShoutOuts must be enabled by WalkMe. Contact your CSM for more information
WalkMe for Salesforce 1 App
WalkMe for Salesforce users can now download our WalkMe for Salesforce1 iOS app to improve their Salesforce 1 experience.
- Access WalkMe content created for Salesforce1 on your iOS device
- Switch between Salesforce Environments (Production, Sandbox)
- Users must download the WalkMe for Salesforce 1 app from the App Store
- NOTE: WalkMe for Salesforce 1 requires backend configuration from your Salesforce Administrator. Contact your CSM to learn how to enable it for your account.
New Domains to Access WalkMe
On version 143 we will be introducing 2 new services using the following domains:
Please make sure they are accessible from your network.
You can use the test page in order to test this: http://cdn.walkme.com/General/EnvironmentTests/TestPage.html
Updated Privacy Policies
- TRUSTe Data Certified
- Passwords now require a minimum of 8 characters
- New Passwords must not match those previously used