January 22, 2017 release, WalkMe delivers updates to improve your experience.
How to Use the Release Notes
- The release notes give you brief, high-level descriptions of new and updated WalkMe features.
How will the new update become available?
Our new updates will be available on January 22nd. Once the updates have been released, you can log into the Editor where you will be prompted to upgrade your software. Your current Implementation will not be affected by the update until you publish it again. For customers that run WalkMe on their local servers, contact your Customer Solution Manager, or email@example.com, to learn how you can gain access to these new features.
Introducing Course Quizzes!
- Courses may now include a final quiz
- Quizzes questions may be single and multiple selection
- Create a Welcome page and Summary Page if the user either passes or fails the quiz
- Set a passmark percentage for your quiz on the Welcome page
- Courses that include final quizzes will have a status indicator in the Education Center
- Users may take quizzes multiple times and at anytime while completing a course
- View Quiz result in WalkMe Insights
- Updated UI for Courses App in the WalkMe Editor
Learn more about TeachMe
NOTE: TeachMe must be enabled on your account. Contact your CSM to learn how you can start using TeachMe.
Multi LanguageImport and Export
Reduce effort in making translations by using localization systems!
- Multi Language now allows you export a .xliff file, compatible with popular localization systems, such as POEditor and CrowdIn
- Export .xliff file per language or export all languages into one file
- Import .xliff once translations are complete
- Publish all translated items in the WalkMe Editor to see new translations
- Multi Language is accessible from the account page on WalkMe Insights
- Multi Language now supports Launcher Tooltips, Survey submit buttons, Attention Grabber custom messages
View a Log of activity in the WalkMe Editor!
- Logged data includes:
- Date and Time Stamp
- Email address of user
- User Role
- Activity Type (Create, Modify, Delete, Publish, Updated Segment Tag)
- Object Type (app or feature name)
- Object Details (name of item)
- Search through Activity Log, filter by date and export as .CSV file
- Activity Log is accessible from the account page on WalkMe Insights
Salesforce Super Edit
Instantly edit records on any Salesforce Report! No need to open each record in a report to make changes.
- Once installed, all fields in a Salesforce Report instantly become editable, just like an Excel file. When changes are made, WalkMe instantly saves them to the Salesforce record.
- Super Edit is a plugin for Salesforce
- Saving and Publishing from the WalkMe Editor is now 70% faster!
- Improved performance for Element Tracking
- WalkMe now users Akamai CDN servers improving performance for end users around the globe while increasing security standards
Better Site Analytics with pages for context.
- Elements are now tracked as part of their parent page, instead of sets.
- Pages are now created automatically as part of the element capture.
- Elements can now be tracked sitewide if they appear on more than one page.
- Element Tracking MUST be enabled manually from the Editor to track elements on your site.
- Contact your CSM to learn how you can get the latest version of Elements Tracking and how to enable it on your site.