July ’15 release, WalkMe delivers updates to improve your experience with some of most important features.
How to Use the Release Notes
- The release notes give you brief, high-level descriptions of new and updated WalkMe features.
How will new features become available?
- Our new features will be available on July 19th. Once our features have been released, you can log into the Editor where you will be prompted to upgrade your software. Your current Implementation will not be affected by the update until the next time to publish. For customers that run WalkMe on their local servers, contact you Customer Success Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, to learn how you can gain these new features.
- The Segmentation Center allows you to manage segmentation rules for different WalkMe apps from a single tool. For example, assign different Walk-Thrus to different users with just one click!
- Segments, former named Tags, allow you to organize items in the Editor as well as to segment them on your published environment. Simply define a Segment with a rule to change what your users see. Adding Segmentation to any future item is as simple as checking a box to add that Segment to it.
- Other Updates:
- Create an unlimited number of Segments
- Rename and change color of Segments
- Learn more about using the Segmentation Center
- We have improved the design of the Rule Engine to make it more user-friendly. The visual interface has been updated with improved graphics, rule types have been consolidated and fields are now searchable so that you can easily find the rules that you use the most. You can also now easily import Rules between WalkMe applications.
- Rules have been consolidated
- Visual User Interface has been updated
- Autocomplete fields
- Learn more about the Rule Engine
Enhanced Table Element Selection
- In this update we’re making it easier to select HTML table elements. Now you’ll be able to select a column, row, cell, or the entire table when adding a Walk-Thru step. When selecting your element, click the Enhance button to access table selection options.
Add Steps to the Middle of a Walk-Thru
- Add a new step to the middle of a Walk-Thru by using the pen tool on any step and adding a new step after it.
Open Shuttles in a New Tab.
- Specify if you would like a Shuttle to open in a new tab, instead of replacing the URL of the existing one.
Preview Onboarding Task Completions
- Task goals can now be checked during preview mode so you can check to see if they are working properly before you publish your Onboarding list.
Updated App Center Design
- The App Center has been updated with a cleaner visual design, making it easier to switch between applications
Lock Balloon Position
- Steps can now be locked to an element to solve possible scrolling lag or Z-index issues.