September ’15 update, WalkMe delivers updates to improve your experience.
How to Use the Release Notes
- The release notes give you brief, high-level descriptions of new and updated WalkMe features.
How will the new update become available?
- Our new updates will be available on Sept 7th. Once our updates have been released, you can log into the Editor where you will be prompted to upgrade your software. Your current Implementation will not be affected by the update until you publish them again. For customers that run WalkMe on their local servers, contact you Customer Success Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, to learn how you can gain these new features.
- Easily create new Custom Launchers! Custom Launchers are HTML based, so you can customize the text and design directly from the WalkMe Editor.
- Previously, you had to design a Launcher image outside of the WalkMe Editor and link the image into the My Launchers tab. Now you can quickly create a Custom Launcher without leaving the Editor. Launchers saved under the My Launchers tab are not affected by this updated.
- To create a Custom launcher, click “Change Launcher” from the Launcher Options panel and choose the new Custom Launcher tab in the Launcher gallery.
- Custom Launchers now support Multi-language! Once you create a Custom Launcher, sign-in to WalkMe Analytics site to configure it to appear in different languages.
- Learn More about Custom Launchers
Microsoft 10 and Edge Browser Support
- WalkMe now officially supports Microsoft 10 and Microsoft Edge Browser.
- The Rule Engine can now check if a user is on Microsoft Edge.
Drop Down Menu Triggers
When creating a Walk-Thru step on an HTML drop-down menu, new triggers will appear.
- Select Any: User must select an item from drop down menu to Trigger the next step
- Select Specific: User must select a specific item from drop down menu to Trigger the next step. You must specify the value when using this trigger.
New Next Trigger Combinations
Combining the Next Trigger with other triggers, makes a Walk-Thru step optional. For example, you can create a step with the Text and Next Trigger so the step will trigger either when the user types into your selected element or when they click the Next button. Hold the command (Mac) or control (PC) key when selecting both triggers
The following triggers can be combine with the Next Trigger:
- Click + Next
- Text + Next
- Select Any + Next
- Select Specfic+ Next
Searchable Drop Down Menus in WalkMe Editor
- Drop down lists in the WalkMe Editor are now searchable. As you type into these menus, search results will automatically appear making it easier to find what you are looking for.
Custom CSS Autocomplete
- The Custom CSS window now presents autocomplete options as you type for CSS selectors, properties, and values. Autocomplete options make it much easier to add custom WalkMe CSS Selectors.
- CSS properties, and values are now color coded
- Learn more about Custom CSS
Create Rules for Checkboxes and Radio Buttons
- The Rule Engine can now check if a user selects a checkbox or radio button.
- When creating a rule, use the Onscreen Element Type and the Operators, “ Is Selected” or “Is Not Selected”.